We know it is painful to have your first tattoo because there is more nervousness and anxiety about what will happen. Different thoughts like Can I bear the pain, does it suit me, and many others come to mind. Right? Many numbing creams are available in the market to overcome tattoo pain and stress, making getting a tattoo easier without aches. On the other side, some users wondered if tattoo numbing cream works.
The short and clear answer is Yes. These numbing creams efficiently block pain-sensing organs in specified skin and offer a painless experience of getting a tattoo. However, it is essential to note that the effectiveness of numbing cream varies from person to person. Every user has a distinct type of skin; thus, it stands to reason that different skin types will respond differently to the same product. Let’s take a detailed view of does the tattoo numbing cream works.
Factors That Affect the Effectiveness of Tattoo Numbing Cream
Many factors affect the effectiveness of the best tattoo numbing cream of 2024. These factors are as follows:
- The Quality Of The Cream: Different numbing lotions have different effects. Some creams might have a higher painkiller content, which could increase their effectiveness. And some have low which work slowly.
- The Type Of Anesthetic: Several types of anesthetic can be used in numbing creams such as MD, Lidocaine, and Lindsey Zubritsky. Lidocaine is a widely used skin anesthetic with FDA approval for reducing pain during tattooing and activities like waxing, micro-blading, and tattoo removal.
- Sensitivity of Skin Area: According to the sensitivity of different skin areas, numbing creams work differently. Some skin areas are challenging where a strong concentration of numbing lotions can be bearable, but for some sensitive areas, only a small amount of cream is suitable.
- Long Tattoo Session: The effectiveness of tattoo numbing cream reduces gradually, and if it is a long tattooing session, then you must be prepared to bear some pain.
- The Length Of The Tattoo Session: The longer the tattoo session, the more likely the cream will wear off.
Is It Necessary To Use Numbing Cream?
Using a numbing cream is a personal choice, and it is not necessary. According to my suggestion, you should use an effective tattoo numbing cream, spray, or gel because it will help reduce tattooing pain and give an enjoyable experience, especially if you are a newbie. Some conditions can affect your decision, such as medical conditions, injuries, nervousness, or depression. Moreover, these creams can relieve your brain and make you feel comfortable.
Our Experience With Tattoo Numbing Cream
As a team of experienced tattoo artists, we have used numbing cream on many clients. In our experience, we have found that extra strength numbing cream effectively reduces the pain associated with getting a tattoo.
We always recommend that our clients do a patch test before applying the cream to a larger area.
So, this can help to determine how effective the cream will be for them. We also suggest applying numbing cream before the tattooing process. Also, please wait for it to absorb into the skin thoroughly.
In conclusion, using tattoo numbing cream is an efficient and successful method to reduce pain and anxiety. However, remember that the effectiveness of the cream can vary from person to person skin. If you’re considering using numbing cream for your tattoo, do a patch test first and apply the cream at least 30 minutes before the tattooing process.
As always, keep in mind to follow the instructions on the packaging. Hopefully, you found your answer to “Does tattoo numbing cream work?”. If you have any questions, you can ask us in the comment section below.