The most important thing about getting a tattoo is to prepare for the tattooing session. We all know that tattoo is permanent body art. But we always forget that our small mistakes can ruin the tattooing procedure. Therefore, you should know what not to do before getting a tattoo if you are planning to get a beautiful tattoo.
A professional tattoo artist always gives you some instructions or guidelines to follow before performing the tattooing session. So, you don’t do anything wrong and become ready to get a new tattoo on your body. In case your tattoo artist didn’t tell you how to prepare for a tattoo or what not to do before getting a tattoo. Our tattooist team has shared a complete list of things not to do before getting a tattoo.
Things Not To Do Before Getting A Tattoo – Complete List
If you want to get an attractive tattoo without any pain or discomfort. Use the best tattoo numbing cream of 2023 and avoid the following things before getting a tattoo:
1. Blood Thinning Products Like Alcohol, Caffeine & Tablets
Remember, tattoo artists do not start tattooing sessions if the client is drunk. Drinking alcohol is injurious for a client as it can cause multiple side effects in tattooing sessions. Also, the tattooing license of tattoo artists can get canceled if he is caught tattooing a drunk client.
If you have drunk alcohol and start getting a tattoo, then you will get the following side effects:
- You can face a lot of excessive bleeding as alcohol and caffeine thin the blood and raise sugar levels, which is really bad for your health. Plus, it slows down the tattooing procedure as the tattoo artist cannot be able to see your skin properly. Drinking alcohol can dilute the tattoo ink too. As a result, the tattoo design will be less visible with defective. We advise you to avoid alcohol, caffeine & Tablets for at least 48 hours before getting a tattoo.
- Sometimes, there needs to do some changes in the tattooing session. For example, change in tattoo placement or change in tattoo size. In case you are drunk. Then, obviously, you will not be able to make the right decision which can make you regret it later.
- As we told you that a drunk person does not have control over his senses. Therefore, you don’t know how an intoxicated person will react to different situations. A senseless move of that drunk client can cause a lot of trouble in making a tattoo. Maybe the needle of the tattoo machine enters too much into the skin and dispersed all the ink.
2. Skin Burning From Heat Or Sunlight
Avoiding direct sunlight or heat is important before getting a tattoo and even after getting a tattoo. Yes, the tattooed skin needs proper tattoo aftercare. But you should also avoid sunlight or heat. So, the skin does not burn or get damaged.
In short, no tattoo artist can make an attractive tattoo on damaged skin. Maybe you get a tattoo infection because of getting a tattoo on unhealthy skin. Also, it can slow down the tattoo healing procedure.
3. Injury Or Blade Cut Before Getting A Tattoo
No doubt, everyone knows that getting injured or getting a cut is bad before getting a tattoo. In fact, you cannot get a tattoo on the skin area you got a minor or a big blade cut. Some people don’t know how to shave before getting a tattoo. As a result, they get cut on the skin.
4. Eating Too Much Sugar And Dairy Items On Day Of Tattoo Session
If you consume sugar-rich and dairy items, your skin will definitely stretch. Getting a tattoo on stretched skin will look different when the skin becomes normal. Also, eating sugar products delays the healing process. Instead of eating sugar and dairy food, eat vitamin C and protein riched food. Eating enough water before going to get a tattoo.
5. Night Party Or Getting Not Enough Sleep
Do not party all night or stay awake all night before the day of the tattoo session. If you don’t get enough sleep, your immune system will work properly, and you will feel more pain in getting a tattoo. Make sure you sleep well and awake refreshed in the morning. Moreover, wear only loose clothes when going to get a tattoo.
Hopefully, you are now fully aware of what not to do before getting a tattoo. So, you go to the tattoo studio ready instead of doing any senseless mistakes and regret that later. Our tattooist team has shared this article to help you.
For further help, you can ask us questions in the comment section. If you like our hard work, support us by sharing this page with everyone. You can also check more informative articles on the blog.