Every professional tattoo artist gives a few instructions for the tattoo aftercare routine. So, your new tattoo can heal properly without facing any issues like tattoo swelling, cracking, itchiness, or dryness. However, some people ignore that important tips and end up searching for how to reduce tattoo swelling at home? On the other hand, there is also another reason for swelling on tattoos.
For example, the immune system or our body sends extra white blood cells and other chemicals to treat the injury. Because a new tattoo is like an open wound and needs to heal as soon as possible. Whatever the case is, we are here to help you. Fortunately, We’ve worked for more than a decade in the tattooing field and know how to reduce tattoo swelling. Just read this short yet helpful article to treat redness and swelling after getting a new tattoo.
Simple Guide To Remove Redness And Swelling On A New Tattoo (Tips)
The following tips are 100% beneficial for tattoo swelling removal and help you to avoid redness, itchiness, and swelling after getting a new tattoo.
- Use the best tattoo soap and mildly warm water to wash the swollen tattoo. Never use hot or cold water to wash a new tattoo.
- Do not use anything other than the paper towel to dry the new tattoo.
- Also, use an anti-inflammatory cream or balm to remove swelling on the new tattoo.
- According to our experience, using an ice cube pack on the swollen tattoo helps to remove the tattoo swelling.
- Moreover, you can use the best tattoo numbing spray on the swollen tattoo to lower the pain. These sprays are the liquid form formula of the best tattoo numbing creams that tattoo artists use on your skin before tattooing for a painless procedure.
- No matter how much the swollen tattoo feels uncomfortable, do not scratch the swollen tattoo.
- Try not to expose the tattoo to the sunlight or use 30 SPF sunscreen on the tattoo to go outdoor.
- Further, avoid going to the gym, swimming pool, or in a dusty environment until the tattoo completely heals.
- Eat vegetables that contain vitamin C for fast tattoo healing.
- Use onion and garlic in your food because of their anti-microbial characteristics.
- Last but not least, avoid alcohol, coffee, or energy drinks as they thin your blood and slowdowns healing. We advise you to drink a lot of water, healthy juices, and soups.
How Long Will My Arm Be Swollen After Getting A New Tattoo?
Can You Ice A Swollen Tattoo?
How To Reduce Tattoo Swelling On The Arm?
How To Reduce Swelling On A Lip Tattoo?
How To Reduce Swelling On The Foot Tattoo Or Leg Tattoo?
Don’t forget to share this informative article with your tattoo lover friends. Also, we have so many amazing articles in the blog section on different tattoo-related topics like tattoo meanings, tattoo shop products with reviews, tattoo aftercare routines, and many more.
Our tattooist team tried to make you understand how to reduce tattoo swelling in simple words. In case, you have any doubt, confusion, or other question. Please let us know in the comment section below. We’ll answer you quickly.