We often get asked about how painful getting a tattoo can be. It’s a valid concern, especially for first-timers or those who are getting a larger tattoo done. Numbing cream is a topical anesthetic that can help alleviate some of the pain during a tattoo session. But how long does numbing cream last, and is it right for you? Therefore, we’ll discuss all these answers in this article.
The working of numbing cream can depend on several factors, such as the cream brand and the body area for applying to. In general, most numbing creams last between 30 minutes and 2 hours. However, some creams can last up to 5 hours or more. At our tattoo studio, we have used numbing cream on several clients and note how long does numbing cream last.
Duration Of Using Tattoo Numbing Cream
The time duration after applying the best tattoo numbing cream on the skin is based on the following factors:
- The Brand Of The Cream: Some brands of numbing cream are stronger and longer-lasting than others. Therefore, we recommend you find a high-quality brand to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- The Strength Of The Cream: Numbing creams come in varying strengths, with some being more potent than others. The strongest numbing cream, provide a fast result without pain.
- The Area Of The Body: The duration of the numbing cream can also vary depending on where it is being applied. For example, areas with thicker skin, such as the back or thighs, may require a stronger cream or a longer application time.
Cleaning Numbing Cream From The Skin
The analgesic elements work fast but clean the numbing cream from the skin after 15-20 minutes for good results. Before starting the tattooing procedure, completely clean the cream with rubbing alcohol.
Is It Safe To Leave Numbing Cream Overnight?
The effect of numbing generally stays at least 2 hours, so memorize this if you are planning a large tattoo. Also, most creams commonly take about one hour to work. The cream used for numbing tattoos is safe and won’t cause any negative effects. It can be kept on the skin for a maximum of 5 hours.. So, it is not safe to leave numbing cream overnight.
Additional Tips And Considerations
Here are some additional tips and considerations to keep in mind when using the strongest numbing cream:
- Always follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Do not apply the cream to broken or painful skin.
- Do a patch test before applying the cream to a larger area to check for any allergic reactions.
- Avoid getting the cream in your eyes or mouth.
- Be aware of the potential side effects of numbing creams, such as skin irritation or an allergic reaction.
Our tattooist team answered how long does numbing cream last in simple and easy words. Moreover, we have found that most clients report feeling significantly less pain during the procedure. However, the duration of the numbing cream can vary, and some clients may require additional cream during the session. So, we recommend that clients should discuss the use of numbing cream and their skin type as well as the size of the tattoo.
In case, you have further questions. Do let us know in the comment section. We’ll guide you in every situation related to tattoos. Share this article and don’t forget to check other helpful posts in the blog section.